From my Editors
- Scott is an incredibly talented travel writer. He has written numerous articles for my website and they are some of my biggest traffic magnets. He not only shares compelling stories about his adventures abroad but also gives helpful tips that make it easy for my readers to get inspired and plan similar trips. (Maria Haase, Editor at EuropeUpClose)
- He is meticulous in his work, delivers his articles on time or ahead of schedule and is a pleasure to work with.
- As Content Editor for MilesGeek.com, I find that Scott Kendall embodies what I look for in a travel writer. From his concise pitches with a clear focus to his finished article, Scott is professional and dependable. He brings locations to life with his descriptive writing supported by facts. Also bringing his destinations to life is his well thought out inclusion of photos that illustrate the story. MilesGeek is delighted to be included as an outlet for Scott’s writing. (Kathleen Staff, Editor of MilesGeek)
- Scott, Paul here from International Living…I read that last piece you did for us and thought it was really good, so I’m wondering if you’d like to contribute to a story …
- I loved your article about traveling with the kids! (I have three myself.) I was wondering if you’d be interested in writing another one for me…
- This is fantastic! It turned out so well. Thank you for this and for getting it over to me so quickly. I will let you know soon if I have any questions at all.
- Thank you so much, Scott–and for turning this piece around so quickly. It’s been fun to work with you, too. 🙂 Do stay in touch–I’d love to see/read about where you travel to in the future…
- While I have you, I wonder if you would be interested in writing another piece for me? I was thinking about a piece on how travel writing, and press trips, allow you to travel more with your kids.
- … Fredericksburg is posted. Thank you for submissions that are easy to work with, edit and post! Another great article by you. Thank you.
From my Readers
- I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. Thanks and keep up the great work!
- It’s beautiful. Didn’t know anything about the place.
- The way you described La Rapiere reminded me of Circa 1886 in Charleston. They made us feel like a million bucks and the food was amazing. If I’m ever in Bayeux, I’ll try it out. I’m a sucker for good seafood and chocolate cake.
- Monet Museum and Gardens also sounds like something up my alley. It looks gorgeous and peaceful. A couple of months ago I went to the Wilson Rose Garden in NC and loved it. I’m always open to finding new ones!
- Great itinerary! We’re hoping Tuscany will be our next big trip.
From Destinations featured in my articles
- Thank you so much, you’re very kind ! best regards to you and your wife, Linda (owner, La Rapiere, Bayeux, France)
- Thank you for this nice review, I will be glad to share it with our team. It was a real pleasure to collaborate with you, and to know that you really enjoyed your Peninsula moments. (Lili Cantonese Restaurant, Peninsula Hotel Paris)
- Thank you, Scott. The article is wonderful, you have a way with words. I hope to see you again soon – Happy trails! (Kathy Moreman, Wimberley CVB)
- Very nicely done! I will forward the article to everyone included in it. Thanks again.
- I love the article and appreciate the link. I will post the link on our Facebook page if that is alright with you. I really hope you and Julie stay here soon, let us know when you will be in the neighborhood! Thanks. (Peggy, owner of The Wimberley Inn)
As a travel writer, school teacher, tennis coach, Navy Officer, management consultant and seasoned traveler, I have visited 47 of the 48 contiguous states, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. I have traveled to Europe many times and have been to Guam, Puerto Rico, Mexico and The Bahamas. I have worked successfully with CVBs in Heidelberg, Baden Baden, Munich, Wimberley, Fredericksburg, Georgetown, Door County, the Cotswolds in England, Washington state, and many others, always delivering a quality article and photos well before the deadline.
I am very conscientious, dependable, creative, and demanding of myself. For samples of my work, please see Published Work for articles I have had published in EuropeUpClose, Epicurean Traveler, Miles Geek, Travel and Talk, International Living, The Yums, and others. Articles, videos and photos are also actively promoted on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TravMedia, IFWTWA, SATW, and Pinterest.You can see more of my photos at my flickr account. I travel extensively in my home state of Texas and throughout the US and Europe.
My contact information is:
I am always open to press trips and assignments as my schedule permits. I look forward to the opportunity to work with you on upcoming projects.